Visit my personal blog at: captainameliaa.tumblr.com!
Putting on cosplay
Bought some new fabric for Morgana’s underdress! It’s probably going to need lining and interfacing, for the applique on the front, and God knows what else, but it’s so gorgeous. It’s called ‘silky satin’, but the contrast with costume satin in the second photo is unparalleled. Tomorrow is going to be a Serious Sewing Day :D
Broke Student Sales Post!
I’m moving out of my student accommodation soon, so I’m looking to get rid of a few things - Including my Baker Street/Sherlock inspired dress from the Fandom Halloween Party last year! It served me well, but, alas, I have no further use for it. Anyone fancy taking it off my hands? Asking £10 + £2.50 postage, or free collection from Central London, which includes:
- Navy blue skater dress, supposedly a size 8 but fits me, and I’m at least a 10. Worn the grand total of once.
- Badges pictured, including homemade I <3 Sherlock, which doesn’t have a badge back and was attached with a safety pin.
- 54x62cm remnant of ‘wallpaper fabric’, bow made from same fabric and scraps for sleeve edges, which I never properly sewed on.
- Over two metres of spare crime scene tape.
- Bronze violin necklace charm.
- Does not include belt, which fell apart, or skull, because I enjoy freaking out my roommate.
Photos of me in the costume can be found in my 221b tag; feel free to drop me an ask for more info! :D
Two exams down, giving myself the evening off from revision. I am gonna get SO MUCH SEWING DONE.
Remind me of this post at 2am when I’ve spent the night watching Doctor Who.
LEAVE A MESSAGE IN MY INBOX SAYING WHO YOU THINK I SHOULD COSPLAY
Give me at least one character and the reason you chose them. It can be based on looks or personality.
Tonight’s endeavour - Crappy satin mock-up ftw. Bit dodgy because one side isn’t tacked up yet, I need to alter both the front and back neckline into v-shapes and shorten the shoulders, but it’s working out.
Really like this pattern - Brilliantly easy to work with, all the pieces actually fit together and it’s literally ‘sew this bit to that bit and voila’, which are my kind of instructions. I know they don’t feature on Morgana’s, but the curves of the princess seams down the front look really nice, so I might keep them in and have the blue outerdress follow the same lines. And the train looks super princessy! :D
YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES
I have Galadriel in the planning for later in the year, because she’s incredible, and possibly a casual dress based on Thorin’s gear at some point, but what I’d really, really love to do is a full on Thorin crossplay. I have a fairly feminine face, but I reckon I could cover that with prosthetics and padding galore, not to mention that beard. It would be the greatest challenge ever, and absolutely hilarious, but there’s every chance I might give it a go at some point :D
Success down Goldhawk Road on my first round of fabric shopping for Morgana, for May Expo:
- The pattern is one I already had from way back when, with Merida in mind, and should pass, with a few modifications.
- The most gorgeous colour-changing blue and purple chiffon that I am positively in love with for the outer dress.
- Obligatory action figure.
- Gold lace for the sleeves, which legitimately look like medieval arm-warmers.
- Black and gold beaded trim possibly for the arm cuffs, but I don’t know if I like it enough.
- Crappy purple satin to make a mock-up of the under dress. I have my eye on some perfect fabric - Just need to work out the logistics of my pattern first!
Hoping to make a start within the next couple of days, workload permitting. Really looking forward to this, even if it is going to be a challenge! :D